This is a summary of the Agenda article. You can read the full article here –
Here’s the First 100 Day resistance agenda [with thanks to Alan Webber]:
1. Get Democrats in the Congress and across the country to pledge to oppose Trump’s agenda. Prolong the process of approving choices, draw out hearings, stand up as sanctuary cities and states. Take a stand.
2. March and demonstrate—in a coordinated, well-managed way.
3. Boycott all Trump products, real estate, hotels, resorts, everything. And then boycott all stores (like Nordstrom) that carry merchandise from Trump family brands.
4. Letters to Editors: A national letter-writing campaign, from people all over the country, every walk of life and every level of society, from celebrities to sports heroes to grassroots Americans.
5. Op-Eds: A steady flow of arguments about the fallacies and dangers of Trump’s First 100 Day policies and initiatives, from name-brand thinkers and doers to ordinary folk writing for their city’s or community’s newspaper.
6. Social media: What about a new YouTube channel devoted to video testimonials about resisting Trump’s First 100 Day Agenda?
7. Website containing up-to-date daily bulletins on what actions people are planning around the country, and where, so others can join in.
8. Investigative journalism: We need investigative journalists to dig into the backgrounds of all of Trump’s appointees, in the White House, the Cabinet, Ambassadors and judges.
9. Lawsuits: Our version of “Drill, baby, drill” is “Sue, baby, sue.”
10. Coordinated fund-raising: Rather than having every public-interest group appeal on their own, have a coordinated fundraising program to fill the coffers of the most endangered and effective opposition groups.
11. Symbolic opposition: Safety pins are already appearing. What else? What more?
12. Intellectual opposition: Take Trump on where he’s weakest—with serious ideas.
13. Serious accountability: Establish performance metrics to evaluate his delivery on his campaign promises.
14. Your idea goes here. Call a meeting of family and friends this weekend. Come up with to-dos.